The advisory team at Stone Street Advisor Group in Pearl River, N.Y. is the winner of the 2016 NAPA 401(k) Advisor Leadership Award.
Barbara J. Delaney, AIF™, the firm’s founder and Principal, received the award on behalf of the team during a general session of the NAPA 401(k) Summit in Nashville April 18. She was joined by representatives of the other two finalists for this year’s Leadership Award:
An innovative entrepreneur and respected business leader, Delaney has been in the financial industry since 1981. In 2009 she merged her firm with Avenir Equity and Wall Street Access and renamed the new firm StoneStreet Equity. Recently, she formed StoneStreet Advisor Group to support their continuing efforts in supporting Worksite Financial Solutions, an innovative way to engage participants in every step of their careers.
Delaney is a member of NAPA’s Government Affairs Committee, and serves on the JP Morgan Advisory Board. She has a B.A. degree in Business Administration and Economics from St. Thomas Aquinas College and attended graduate school at New York University’s Stern School of Business.
Honors include Advisor Team of the Year (2008) from PLANSPONSOR magazine. Delaney was named as 401kWire’s Most Influential Leaders in Qualified Plan Business in 2009 and PLANSPONSOR’s Top 100 Advisors in 2014. She was inducted into PLANSPONSOR’s Advisor Hall of Fame in March 2011.
Now in its ninth year, the 401(k) Advisor Leadership Award recognizes a leading financial advisor or team for contributions that exemplify leadership, experience and expertise in the retirement plan industry. The award reflects the multi-faceted efforts of advisors to serve their clients (plan sponsors and participants), act as a mentor, maintain high ethical standards, and consistently improve their practices and services in the retirement industry.
Previous winners of the award include:
- the advisory team at Retirement Resources, represented by Jim Phillips and Patrick McGinn;
- Kathleen Kelly, representing Compass Financial Partners, LLC;
- Fiduciary Consulting Group @ PSA, represented by Jania Stout;
- Plan Sponsor Advisors, represented by Jennifer Flodin, Angelo Auriemma and Donald Stone;
- Michael J. Malone of MJM401K;
- Sean Waters, Cook Street Consulting, Inc.;
- Fred Reish of Drinker Biddle & Reath; and
- Bill Chetney, then of National Retirement Partners.