By Kristine J. Coffey
NAPA’s inaugural DC Fly-In Forum will be held Sept. 17-18, 2013. This invitation-only event for elite advisors will be held at the Washington Court hotel and on Capitol Hill.
Note the change in date to accommodate high-ranking government speakers slated to participate in the Forum — to ensure that members of Congress and top regulators can participate, it’s critical to be in Washington while Congress is in session.
Invitations to this one-of-a-kind opportunity, offered only by NAPA, will be distributed from late March through June. Substantive criteria must be met to be eligible, and qualified invitees will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
As part of their complimentary registration to the Forum, elite advisors will benefit from:
• discussions with influential congressional leaders (invitees include Sen. Ben Cardin, MD; Rep. John Klein, MN; and others)
• collaborative advisor roundtables
• insight on regulatory issues from DOL and IRS officials
• Capitol Hill visits to key members of Congress
• informative industry commentators and advocates, including NBC political commentator Chuck Todd (invited) and others
• Forum Registry (pre-conference) and Compendium (post-conference)
• social reception, breakfast, lunches, breaks
Forum sponsorships will be available for eight 2013 NAPA Firm Partners. The Forum is an opportunity for sponsors of the event to show their commitment to retirement plan quality delivered through advisors, as well as gain useful access and interact with elite advisors.
Stay tuned for further announcements of confirmed speakers, sponsors and website.
Kristine J. Coffey, CPC, is a Founding Partner and Executive Vice President of CPE Associates, Ltd. SW. She is co-chair of the 2013 DC Fly-In Forum and a member of ASPPA’s Board of Directors.