The National Association of Plan Advisors welcomed Jeffery Acheson, CPFA, as its 2018-2019 President at the opening session of the 2018 NAPA 401(k) Summit in Nashville April 15.
Acheson has nearly 40 years of experience with advising and educating clients, providing industry leadership and building trusted relationships. He founded Powell, Ohio-based Advanced Strategies Group, LLC in April 2017, where he delivers a fiduciary-based business model focusing on high-income individuals, high-net-worth families, successful companies, mid-size retirement plan sponsors and charitable organizations. Previously Acheson headed up the advisory services team at Corporate and Endowment Solutions, Inc., where he focused on helping employers design and implement incentive-based deferred compensation and executive benefit plans as well as advising individuals on ways to accumulate wealth through tax-favored planning strategies. Prior to that role, he spent 14 years as a co-managing partner of a CPA firm’s affiliated wealth management arm.
Acheson acknowledged the contributions and accomplishments of Paul D’Aiutolo, NAPA’s 2017-2018 President, saluting him with a "job well done" and presenting his predecessor with a special award thanking him for guiding the organization through its sixth year of unprecedented growth and success.
[caption id="attachment_81084" align="alignright" width="300"] Jeffery Acheson (left), outgoing NAPA president Paul D’Auitolo (center), president-elect Jania Stout (right)[/caption]
Other changes on the NAPA Leadership Council (LC) for 2018-2019 include:
- Last year’s Vice President, Jania Stout, Co-Founder, Fiduciary Plan Advisors at HighTower in Baltimore, MD, becomes this year’s President-Elect.
- Pat Wenzel, Managing Director–Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch, Houston, TX, replaces Stout as Vice President.
- D’Aiutolo replaces his predecessor, 2016-2017 President Sam Brandwein, as an ex officio member.
- Corby Dall, Barbara Delaney and Charlie Snyder join the LC as at-large members, replacing Wenzel, Jamie Greenleaf and Michael Perry.
- Jon Anderson joins the LC as a Firm Partner representative, replacing Ken Pardue.
The Leadership Council will begin its 2018-2019 term on April 18.